From prices to specifications, here’s everything you need to know about the Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600.
The Maybach GLS 600 is priced in India at Rs. 2.43 crore (ex-showroom, India)
The Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 has been launched in India with prices starting at ₹ 2.43 crore (ex-showroom, India). The Maybach GLS 600 is the brand’s first-ever SUV offering in the ultra-luxurious ‘Mercedes-Maybach’ range that is based on the new-generation GLS SUV. The flagship SUV comes to India as a Completely Built Unit (CBU) model. The German carmaker has confirmed that the first batch of 50+ Maybach GLS 600 SUVs have already been sold out in India. From prices to specifications, here’s everything you need to know about it.
Also Read: Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 Sold Out For 2021; Next Allotment To Arrive In Q1 2022
- Though the GLS Maybach is based on the regular GLS, it differentiates itself from the latter courtesy of the new dual-tone body colour treatment option. The carmaker has added several premium elements to enhance the visual appeal of the SUV. It includes a large Maybach-styled chrome radiator grille, along with an end-to-end chrome grille for the bumper, and a thick chrome insert attached to the skid plate. It also gets chrome inserts on the B-pillar, the Maybach logo on the D-pillar, standard 22-inch multi-spoke chrome wheels, and much more.
- As for dimensions, the Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 4Matic SUV measures 5205 mm in length, 2157 mm in width and 1838 mm in height, while the wheelbase stands at 3135 mm. The SUV gets 8 standard paint options – Polar White, Obsidian Black, Emerald Green, Mojave Silver, Brilliant Blue, Selenite Grey, Iridium Silver and Cavansite Blue. There are optional designo paint options for the GLS Maybach, which includes Hyacinth Red and Diamond White Bright. Apart from this, the brand’s flagship SUV also comes in five dual-tone paint schemes.
- The cabin is where the GLS Maybach really stands out. The SUV can be had in both four and five-seater options. The cabin comes draped in Black Nappa soft-touch leather upholstery as standard. The SUV also gets other upholstery options – Mahogany brown/macchiato beige standard and designo Crystal white/silver grey pearl.
- The SUV gets features such as electronic panoramic sliding sunroof with opaque roller blinds, ultra-comfortable and bolstered ventilated massaging seats, wide range of ambient lighting, wireless charging, NTG 6 MBUX with Maybach display style, multifunctional steering wheel with Nappa leather, central console with Maybach insignia, removable rear MBUX touch tablet, and more.
- The signature 12.3-inch dual-screens display is offered as standard. It is equipped with the latest MBUX infotainment system with the ‘Hey Mercedes’ voice command system and Mercedes Me connected car technology.
- In terms of safety, the SUV is equipped with driving assistance package which includes Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC, Active Lane Keeping Assist, Active Blind Spot Assist, Active Brake Assist, and Active Steering Assist.
- Other safety features equipped on the SUV are 8 airbags, ABS with EBD, ESP, adaptive high beam assist plus, tyre pressure monitoring system, parking package with 360-degree camera, safety vests for driver and passengers, electronic traction system, downhill speed regulation, off-road driving mode, Mercedes-Benz emergency call system, attention assist, retractable Maybach running boards and more.
- The Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 4Matic comes powered by a 4.0-litre V8 bi-turbo engine that is tuned to produce 542 bhp and 730 Nm of peak torque. The motor comes mated to a 9G-TRONIC automatic transmission.
- The engine also comes paired with a 48-volt system EQ Boost system, which offers an additional 250 Nm of torque and 21 bhp output, which will be available temporarily. The SUV can clock triple-digit speeds in just 4.9 seconds before hitting a top-speed of 250 kmph.
- As far as competition is concerned, the SUV goes up against the likes of the Bentley Bentayga, Rolls-Royce Cullinan and the Land Rover Range Rover Autobiography among others in the country.
For the latest auto news and reviews, follow carandbike.com on Twitter, Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.